OFID awards its scholarships to qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree.
Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
Beware of scams implying association with OFID!
There are various fraudulent schemes whose authors purport to be OFID personnel or agents, or otherwise associated with OFID.
Please be aware that OFID does not:
- conduct lotteries or offer prizes;
- extend any type of loans or grants directly to individuals;
- charge any fees for: job, grant or scholarship applications; attending seminars and conferences; or before a legal agreement is concluded between OFID and a beneficiary of its financial assistance;
- have offices outside of its headquarters in Vienna, Austria;
- request for personal, business or confidential information as a precondition for any financial assistance it provides.
Read OFID’s anti-fraud disclaimer in full.